Georgia Tech Graduate Studies
Prospective Students New Students Current Students Faculty & Staff News and Events About Us APPLY NOW >    
GT Home > Graduate Studies Home > Helpdesk
Graduate Studies > Help Desk > Knowledgebase

Search help:

Is an uploaded copy of my U.S. birth certificate considered official?


No. Unfortunately, Board of Regents policy mandates that we can only accept official birth certificates. The U.S. birth certificate must either be hand-delivered or sent in by mail. You may send it by mail with a prepaid, self- addressed envelope, and we will return the original birth certificate to you.

Our mailing address is:

Office of Graduate Studies
Georgia Institute of Technology
631 Cherry St., Room 318
Atlanta, GA 30332-0321

Please visit the Lawful Presence page of our website for a complete list of acceptable lawful presence documents.


Was this article helpful? yes / no

Submit a ticket
Submit a new issue to a department


View existing ticket
View tickets you submitted in the past

Related articles I have been admitted. How do I submit my final documents?
How do I change my name once I've submitted my application?
Things have changed. How do I change something on the application I already submitted?
My U.S. Passport has expired. Can it still be used as proof of citizenship?
Can I upload a copy of my Social Security card as proof of U.S.citizenship?
Article details
Article ID: 15
Category: Lawful Presence Verification
Date added: 2014-03-20 13:48:28
Views: 7621
Rating (Votes): Article rated 3.9/5.0 (42)

« Go back

Powered by Help Desk Software HESK, in partnership with SysAid Technologies

Legal and Privacy Information

Powered by Help Desk Software HESK, brought to you by SysAid