How do I change my name once I've submitted my application?

Once an application is submitted, it cannot be changed. The application is a legal document, and you sign a statement at the end that says it is accurate to the best of your knowledge.

However, you can send the new information you wish to add or edit in a letter to the Office of Graduate Studies. It will be appended to your original application.

For a name change, please print and fill out the name change request form attached below, and mail it to:

Office of Graduate Studies
631 Cherry St., Room 318
Atlanta, GA 30332-0321

Attachments — a notarized copy of one of the following must be attached:

  • Birth certificate
  • Divorce decree
  • Marriage license
  • Court-ordered name change
  • Social security card