Georgia Tech Graduate Studies
Prospective Students New & Current Students Faculty & Staff News and Events About Us APPLY NOW >    
GT Home > Graduate Studies Home > Helpdesk
Graduate Studies > Help Desk > Knowledgebase

Search help:

If I am a permanent resident, do I need to take the TOEFL?


No. However, you must provide a copy of the front and back of your Permanent Resident card to the Graduate Admissions office. Once this is received, you will be exempted from the TOEFL requirement. If you did not upload a scanned copy of your card at the time you submitted your online application, please email a copy of the front and back of the card to Please be sure to include your gtID number, if available.

For more information on current TOEFL requirements please visit the TOEFL Score section of this website.

Was this article helpful? yes / no

Submit a ticket
Submit a new issue to a department


View existing ticket
View tickets you submitted in the past

Related articles I'm an International student but I attended a school in the U.S. Do I need to take the TOEFL?
What is the minimum TOEFL requirement?
I'm not able to submit my application. I get an error saying my address doesn't match. What do I do?
What is the application fee?
I am a citizen of a country where English is the sole official language of instruction. Am I exempt from submitting TOEFL?
Article details
Article ID: 64
Category: Test Scores
Date added: 2014-03-26 08:30:13
Views: 5086
Rating (Votes): Article rated 4.1/5.0 (37)

« Go back

Powered by Help Desk Software HESK, brought to you by SysAid

Legal and Privacy Information

Powered by Help Desk Software HESK, brought to you by SysAid