Feb 3, 2015 | Atlanta, GA
International students, scholars, and student interns are welcome to join OIE as we explore New Orleans during Spring Break 2015! New Orleans is known for their distinct Cajun culture, great live music on every street corner, and world-renowned food! OIE is able to take 50 international students, scholars, or student interns to this exciting city where we will stay in the French Quarter and explore New Orleans and the Bayou.
This trip is open to any Georgia Tech F-1 or J-1 student, scholar, and student intern. For liability reasons, we are not able to allow spouses or non-GT students or scholars to attend.
Dates: Wednesday, March 18th- Friday, March 20th
The price of the trip includes:
- A walking tour of the French Quarter upon arrival
- Bayou (swamp) tour complete with alligators (if they're not shy!)
- Bus transportation: The bus will have wi-fi and a DVD player.
- Hotel lodging at La Quinta Inn & Suites Downtown: In order to keep costs low, four people will be assigned to each hotel room based on gender. Roommate preferences will be taken into consideration, but not guaranteed. Each room will have 2 Queen sized beds.
- Two organized group lunches with local cuisine
- Breakfast for all days
- Light snacks for the bus trips
- New Orleans Experience Scavenger Hunt (complete with prizes!)
For additional information, including the price and how to reserve your spot, please see the website at oie.gatech.edu/neworleans-springbreak.