Mar 11, 2015 | Atlanta, GA
Students will get a break from classes next week for the Institute’s spring break, which takes place March 16 – 20.
Though many people will travel for the break, there are a variety of events for those on a budget who stay in Atlanta.
March 7 – 22
- Phoenix Flies: The Atlanta Preservation Center’s annual Phoenix Flies festival helps Atlantans learn about historic places and spaces in the city. Events are free and take place all over Atlanta. See a full event schedule here.
- Atlanta St. Patrick’s Day Parade: Watch dancers, musicians, floats, and many more parade down Peachtree Street between 15th and 5th Streets.
- St. Patrick’s Day Celebration: Celebrate St. Patrick ’s Day in Atlantic Station with arts and crafts, live music, dancing, and more.
- St. Patty’s Day 5k: Race in Atlanta’s annual St. Patrick’s themed 5k in Piedmont Park.
- Women’s Tennis vs. Florida State: Support the women’s tennis team as they take on Florida State University at home at the Ken Byers Tennis Complex.
- Georgia Tech Softball vs. Georgia: Support the Georgia Tech softball team as they take on the University of Georgia Bulldogs at Mewborn Field.
- Georgia Tech Farmer’s Market: Shop and eat from different local farmers and vendors here in Atlanta and Georgia on Tech Walk.
March 20 – 22
- Atlanta Film Festival: Watch a diverse range of films from amateur and professional filmmakers at the Plaza Theater and 7 Stages Theater.
March 20, 21, 22
- Georgia Tech Baseball vs. North Carolina: Support the Yellow Jackets as they take on North Carolina on campus at Russ Chandler Stadium.
- Georgia Tech Women’s Tennis vs. Notre Dame: Support the women’s tennis team as they take on Notre Damen at home at the Ken Byers Tennis Complex.
- Volunteer for the Georgia Tech Publix Georgia Marathon Hydration Station: Encourage and serve marathon and half marathon runners by volunteering to serve at this hydration station which is near the end of the course on Tech Parkway.