Apr 7, 2015 | Atlanta, GA
As the close of the academic year approaches, many Georgia Tech students are celebrating with honors and awards from a wide variety of organizations in recognition of their academic prowess.
- Muhannad Bakir , Hyung Suk (James) Yang, and Chaoqi Zhang earned IEE Transactions on Components, Packaging, and Manufacturing Technology Best Paper Award in the Advanced Packaging Technologies category.
- Brandie Banner, a civil and environmental engineering major, was named Engineering Student of the Year by the Georgia Society of Professional Engineers.
- Alice Grossman, a graduate student in civil and environmental engineering, was named a 2015 Eno Center for Transportation Fellow.
- Timothy Kassis, a graduate student in bioengineering, earned a Chih Foundation Graduate Student Research Publication Award.
- Xin Li, a graduate student in electrical and computer engineering, received the Best Paper Award at the Photoptics 2015 conference.
- Nelson Lourenco, a graduate student in electrical and computer engineering, earned a 2015 Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) Nuclear and Plasma Sciences Society Graduate Scholarship.
- Travis Meyer, a graduate student in biomedical engineering, and Gregory Richards, a graduate student in physics, were selected to attend the Lindau Nobel Laureate Meeting this summer in Lindau, Germany.
- Rob Parrish, a graduate student in chemistry, earned a Chih Foundation Graduate Student Research Publication Award.
- Corinna Slater, a civil and environmental engineering major, earned the Joe T. Laboon Award for excellence as a co-op student.