DEGREE TYPE OFFERED
DEGREE PROGRAMS OFFERED
- Biomedical Engineering (GT/Emory joint degree)
- Biomedical Engineering with Peking University (GT/Emory/PKU joint degree)
- Interdisciplinary Bioengineering (GT-only degree)
- Bioinformatics (GT-only degree)
- Computational Science and Engineering (GT-only degree)
- Machine Learning (GT-only degree)
- Robotics (GT-only degree)
MBID and PhD Fall only
MS BMED Fall and Spring
PhD: December 1 (Fall admission)*
MBID: December 31 (Fall admission) - EXTENDED TO 6/1/2020 FOR FALL 2020 TERM ONLY
MS BMED: February 1 (Fall admission) - EXTENDED TO 6/1/2020 FOR FALL 2020 TERM ONLY
MS BMED: September 1 (Spring admission)
*The BME program has extended the PhD application deadline to December 31, 2019 (fall 2020 only) due to inconsistent deadlines published on an Institute website. We apologize for any confusion this may have caused.
Institute Code: 5248
Department Code: 69
Minimum Score Required:
- Paper-based: 600
- Internet-based: 100, with minimum section scores of 19
The Wallace H. Coulter Department of Biomedical Engineering offers joint programs at Georgia Institute of Technology and Emory University. Admitted students will study at both campuses. Applicants interested in the Joint Ph.D. Program in Biomedical Engineering should apply through Georgia Institute of Technology by following the instructions on this website.
Applicants interested in the Joint M.D./Ph.D. Program should apply through Emory University by clicking here.
Students admitted to the Biomedical Engineering Ph.D. program are required to fulfill the following prerequisites prior to matriculation:
- B.S. in Engineering or Life Sciences.
- One year of calculus based physics.
- One semester of organic chemistry (two semesters are recommended).
- Engineering students, who have not completed the organic chemistry requirement, and Life Science students who have not completed the calculus-based physics requirement must fulfill those requirements prior to beginning the program.
- Biomaterials and Regenerative Technologies
- Biomedical Imaging & Optics
- Cellular Engineering and Mechanics
- Biomedical Informatics and Systems Modeling
- Biomedical Robotics
- Physiology and Clinical Design