Mar 17, 2020 | Atlanta, GA
Due to COVID-19, Center for Career Discovery and Development (C2D2) staff members are working remotely to promote social distancing. With that said, the Graduate Student Career Services team is actively providing services virtually and responding to emails. Read on for a mid-semester update regarding things you need to know.
Need to speak with one of our team members about a career-related question? You can make a virtual appointment with us through CareerBuzz.
Graduate Internship Registrations
Are you planning to intern this summer? All master's and Ph.D. students are encouraged to undertake internships as a part of their academic experience at Georgia Tech. The deadline to register your spring internship is 4 p.m. on March 8, 2020. Here are additional details you need to know:
Benefits of Registering Your Internship
- Internship audit hours are tuition-free and are recorded on your official transcript.
- You maintain active student status during your work terms (required for international students).
- Your earnings will not affect your FAFSA Financial Aid status.
- Career advisors can provide support during your work term.
Summer Work Term Requirements
- Length of Work Term: Eight weeks minimum
- Earliest Start Date: May 4, 2020
- Latest End Date: Aug. 14, 2020
We have instituted an appeal process to review applications for internships that fall outside the above C2D2 and Office of International Education parameters for minimum weeks of work. Students interested in appealing and requesting a secondary review are encouraged to follow the process outlined here.
Applications for summer 2020 graduate internships in the United States are still being processed in the order in which they were received. For steps on how to register your internship, visit http://career.gatech.edu/graduate-student/application-process.