We're so glad that you're considering Georgia Tech for your graduate degree! Our campus community is full of graduate students who are doing amazing things both professionally and personally. For example, Tech students are always making the news — from Georgia Tech news outlets to national publications. Here are some examples from the past year:
- Reddit Limits Noxious Content by Giving Trolls Fewer Places to Gather
New York Times, Sept. 25, 2017
- How Online Graduate Programs Offer Degrees at Significant Savings
PBS, Sept. 5, 2017
- Ambient Music Made with Eclipse Data Is Out of This World
YAHOO! Finance, Aug. 22, 2017
- Are Used Tires and Bacon Grease the Fuel of the Future?
Knoxville News Sentinel, Aug. 9, 2017
- Touching Proposal at Georgia Tech Lights Up the Internet
11 Alive, May 30, 2017
- 2017 Best MBAs: Kevin Boldt, Georgia Tech (Scheller)
Poets & Quants, May 3, 2017
- MARTA Army Helping First-Time Users in Wake of I-85 Collapse
Atlanta Magazine, April 3, 2017
- U.S. News Ranks Georgia Tech’s Engineering Graduate Programs No. 7 Overall
U.S. News, March 13, 2017
- Scientist Cracks Mystery of the Frog’s Powerful Tongue. It’s Called Spit.
The Washington Post, Feb. 1, 2017
- Earwax: Coming to a Home Air Filtration System Near You?
Smithsonian.com, Jan. 25, 2017
- I Got Out! My Experience with Georgia Tech's OMSCS
LinkedIn, Dec. 20, 2016
- Georgia Tech Students Tweak Details to Take Customer Service to New Heights
Delta, Dec. 5, 2016
Georgia Tech Headlines
- Scientists Make First Detection of Neutron Star Collision, Oct. 16, 2017
- Novel Circuit Design Boosts Wearable Thermoelectric Generators, Oct. 9, 2017
- Brittney English Applies Lessons from Childhood to Engineering Outreach, July 24, 2017
- NASA Fellowship Supports Di Vittorio’s Work Using Satellites to Improve Water Management, May 24, 2017
- Virtual Top Hats Allow Swarming Robots to Fly in Tight Formation, May 15, 2017
- ECE Student Awarded Institute’s Top Accolade, May 4, 2017
- Beating the Odds: Profiles in Perserverance, May 1, 2017
- Women of Robotics, April 7, 2017
- Georgia Tech Students Sweep NSA Hacking Contest, March 15, 2017
- Georgia Tech Alumnus Andy Quitmeyer Is ‘Hacking the Wild’ on New Science Channel Show, Winter 2017
- Film Figures: Making Movie Math, Feb. 23, 2017
- Living a Dream: Kantwon Rogers Pursuing Excellence in Education as a Student and Instructor, Jan. 12, 2017
- Finding Credibility Clues on Twitter, Jan. 26, 2017
- Making it Work: Love, Marriage, and Scholarship, Dec. 14, 2016
A Few Additional Facts About Tech Graduate Students
- One third of our student body is graduate students who are enrolled in our more than 90 doctoral and master’s degree programs. (In Fall 2016, Georgia Tech enrolled over 11,000 graduate students, about two-thirds are master's students and one-third are Ph.D. students.)
- About 42 percent of our graduate students are international, hailing from more than 100 countries around the world. (To see a breakdown of Tech’s student enrollment by country, click here.)
- Tech is home to the recipients of several major national fellowships, including more than 100 National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellows.
- As of Spring 2016, 3,400 grad students hold assistantships (both graduate teaching assistantships and graduate research assistantships) at Georgia Tech.
- Graduate programs include four of the largest graduate student populations in the country in the following fields: computer science, aerospace engineering, electrical and computer engineering, and mechanical engineering.
- The 2017 exit surveys for the Institute’s doctoral and master’s students indicated that about 90% of respondents indicated that they would recommend their program to someone who wanted to study in their field, as would 85% of doctoral students.
- According to Georgia Tech’s Spring 2016 Career and Salary Survey, median salaries for master’s recipients was $90,000 compared to $75,000 in Spring 2011.